At last, Savannah Stopover has announced their official lineup! There will be over 100 bands, including 18 local bands, in town March 5-7 for a weekend full of good tunes.
For me, my favorite part of the festival is that, for the most part, I am unfamiliar with many of the bands scheduled to play. I love the experience of finding new bands to listen to and go support. Here are a few of the touring bands I’m stoked to see.
- Gap Dream (Burger Records)– A psychedelic synthpop band from Fullerton, California.
- Beach Day (Kanine Records)– Lo-fi surf/garage two-piece from Hollywood, Florida
- Corners (Lolipop Records)– Post punk, garage band from Los Angles, California
- Generationals (Polyvinyl Records)– A new wave duo from New Orleans, Louisiana
As far as local bands go, here are my favorites:
- Crazy Bag Lady (Retro Futurist Records)– Noise punk
- Triathalon (Broken Circles Records)– Surf/soul
- Sunglow (Furious Hooves Records)– Electronic
- Cusses- Indie rock/punk